Powered By Blogger

quarta-feira, 3 de novembro de 2010

The Super Athletes of the Sierra Madre

No. I'm not living in Sierra Madre and I'm not the Superman!

I'm still with the last XTERRA World Championships (1.5k - 31k - 11k) on my mind.
Broke my drop-out during mountain bike course, at k19, and had to walk all the way to the TA in order to finish the race. In the end I was glad i've made it through the finish line, but at the same time disappointed cause i was feeling great and in 5th place(20/24). Even with my 4months lack of swimming training (only swam in Makena the week before the race), i was able to get out of the water on a surprising 4th place in my age group.
This race gave me lots to think about, mainly the result i could have done and the great things that could had come with it. I'm not giving up and always try to improve my performance race after race, taking advantage of race and training experience, cause there's allways something to learn, even when you think you know it all.

Yesterday i bought a book: "Nascidos para correr", wich in english i suppose it's called "Born to run". I'm always looking to know new things related to sport, mainly the run, cause it's the most difficult to me. Five years ago i wasn't able to run 3min, and now i've completed 3 Half distance Ironman. I was looking forward to find something about the book on the Internet, when i found an interesting video about some Uknown Super Athletes, the Tarahumara.

I hope you enjoy it like i did.

0 comments: