Powered By Blogger

quarta-feira, 15 de dezembro de 2010

2011 GOALS


 
After thinking for a few weeks, I think I've already decided the main goals for the next season, so here it goes:

The first step is to make part of a Spanish team, “Cyclones”, and to race in the Spanish Triathlon calendar, which is a really new experience for me and I'm hoping to gain more racing experience by competing both in Portugal and Spain.

As National Half-Ironman distance u23 Vice-Champion, I will give my best and try to become Champion during next season.
Speaking of Half-Ironman distance, I will race Italy Ironman 70.3 and try to qualify for Ironman 70.3 World Championship.
I will race too in XTERRA
Czech World Tour and Germany European Championship and then have my “revenge” in Hawaii and try to reach the podium.

To prepare myself for the HARD Hawaii XTERRA mountain-
bike course, I will race in several mountain-bike marathons and 24hrs competitions so I can get more technical. The bike i'm going to use is still unknown, due to the fact that my bike frame is broken.

The season starts with the
XTERRA Duathlon in Jamor(Lisbon) on the January 30th(with a borrowed bike), and for now i'm just training, working and contacting some sports brands for Sponsorship.

Feel free to comment. :)

4 comments:

Guida disse...

pa teres essa borrowed bike tens que ser mt meiguinho amigo xD

o Havai vai ser mesmo complicado, vou começar a comprar os bronzeadores e bikinis senão pode correr mal uhuh!

Philip disse...

hi there dave, i'm philip, and i have a question for u. I'd never pratice triathlon, but i've always wanted to. As Vice-Champion, could u give me some advices, for me as a rookie?

cumps and gratz for your achievments..=)

Jessica Gonçalves disse...

Boa David! Estou a ver que já está tudp "planeado" para 2011!

David Ferreira disse...

Hey Philip ! How are you? Thanks for writing. Well, some advices...
First, if you want to do your first Triathlon, you must start training(I don't know if you already are). Then, when you feel confortable swimming, cycling and running, you can look forward to sign for a competition near the place where you live. Pick up all you need for the competition day and depending of your physical performance, you can choose between several distances, which goes from Super-sprints to the famous Ironman. I started with the super-sprint(375m Swim-10k bike-2.5k run), but if you feel prepared, you can try the sprint distance(standard-750m-20k-5k) which is a "fast" race too.
Here is the ITU website(www.triathlon.org), where you can find more about the sport.
Hope that i've helped you. If you have more questions just ask :)